Conor McGregor fires back at the UFC: ‘I’m still the two weight world champion’
If Conor McGregor agreed to give up his featherweight world title that’s news to him.
Last week the UFC announced that McGregor relinquished his 145-pound title, which then made Jose Aldo the new undisputed champion while Max Holloway and Anthony Pettis prepared to fight for a new interim belt at UFC 206 in Toronto.
Just days ago, UFC president Dana White said that the promotion didn’t strip McGregor of the belt but instead said it was his decision to give it up.
According to McGregor, who spoke to a raucous crowd in Northern Ireland on Friday, he didn’t agree to relinquish anything and he still considers himself a two division UFC champion.
“They’re trying to strip me. Well, I ain’t stripped. I still got that belt,” McGregor said. “That belt’s sitting in my home right now. I’m still the two-weight world champion. Someone’s got to come take that off me. I see articles. I see stuff online, but I don’t see the belt not in my presence.
“The belt is right there. There’s two world titles in my home.”
Legally, the UFC has the right to strip McGregor of the featherweight world title not to mention White warned the Irishman numerous times during his campaign to add the 155-pound championship…