PeekYou.com, an innovative search engine dedicated to finding people online, announced today that it has updated its tool set to offer its users the quickest and most relevant people search online. The Web site is the Internet’s first true openly edited white pages, allowing users to easily locate other Internet users with a presence on the web and access a list of all relevant links to the person being searched. PeekYou now boasts an advanced and relevant set of tools, clean design, ease of use, speed of editing profiles, and an easy to navigate tool bar.
PeekYou now offers the most comprehensive set of tools, setting the standard by which all people search engines must follow. Here’s why:
- The layout of PeekYou’s new homepage and user profiles is clean, easy to navigate and offers the consumer a plethora of information and a variety of ways to search to meet their needs.
- PeekYou offers the simplest and most useful people search refinement tools
- Tools are what make a People Search relevant and ensure accuracy and speed of results
- The simple to use tool bar allows user to search by more fields than any other people search engine – First name, last name, username (screen name, etc.) or a tag search (interests).
- These tools give users the ability to find a person in a variety of ways – for example if you know something about the person, such as they have an interest in basketball you can weed out all those name matches that don’t have an interest in basketball.
- Using the location tool, the user can refine a large list of search results to find someone who lives in a specific city. Search results refresh upon selecting country, state/province, and city, offering the user a smaller, more useful search result set. No other people search engine offers this functionality.
- Users can make edits to any search result directly on their profile page, with changes appearing instantly.
- PeekYou now incorporates people’s RSS feeds to update profiles with live links to recent blog posts (blogger.com, wordpress) or photos (Flickr, Picassa), further enabling PeekYou to truly represent any individual’s online identity.
“People searching is one of the most popular online exercises and with this new set of tools and search options we are striving to make this activity an easy and accurate one by responding to the needs expressed by our users,” said Michael Hussey, founder of PeekYou. “We are striving to give our users the best results for people search on the web, so we are putting the power in the hands of our users and ensuring PeekYou’s user experience is unmatched in the industry.”
Created by RateMyFace.com and RateMyTeachers.com/RateMyProfessors.com founder Michael Hussey, PeekYou aims to be an open source directory of every individual online. Hussey, who has been featured on CNN, NPR and BBC amongst others looks to bring his experience developing popular consumer destination sites to building PeekYou into the premiere people search engine. PeekYou has already built profiles for over 50 million users, with more being added every day. PeekYou differentiates itself from other people searchers such as Spock.com, Wink.com, and Pipl by the site’s ability to link and identify numerous Internet identities to a single individual based upon tags and online identities.